Myanmar Earthquake Death Toll Rises to 3,085
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Impacts
ABC News |
In Myanmar, the death toll has climbed to 2,056, with more than 3,900 people injured and 270 people reported missing, according to the Myanmar Military Junta.
BBC |
Dr Sian Williams presents the DEC Myanmar Earthquake Appeal.
CNN |
The quake killed more than 3,000 people and injured thousands more, according to the ruling junta.
Read more on News Digest
The death toll in Myanmar has exceeded 1,600, the country’s military government said. The powerful earthquake also jolted other parts of Southeast Asia.
4d
Daily Voice on MSNDeath Toll Exceeds 1,000 After Devastating Earthquake In Southeast AsiaThe death toll from a powerful earthquake that jolted Southeast Asia has surpassed 1,000. The 7.7-magnitude quake struck central Myanmar on Friday, March 28, unleashing shock waves felt across Southeast Asia and China,
At least 4,515 injured, 351 remain missing after quakes with magnitudes 7.7 and 6.4 jolted Southeast Asian nation last Friday - Anadolu Ajansı
It sent buildings in many areas toppling to the ground, buckled roads, caused bridges to collapse and burst a dam.
The quake shook a swath of Southeast Asia. Myanmar’s military government said 144 people were killed in just three cities. The U.S. Geological Survey estimated that the death toll was likely to surpass 1,
1h
VnExpress International on MSNSoutheast Asia's second largest economy revises tourism strategy, still targets 38 million visitors despite earthquakeThailand, the second largest economy in Southeast Asia, is maintaining its forecast for foreign tourist arrivals at 38 million this year despite the powerful earthquake that rocked Southeast Asia last week.
9h
Cyprus Mail on MSNMyanmar earthquake death toll crosses 3,000; forecast rains pose new threat for rescuersBANGKOK: The death toll from Myanmar's devastating earthquake has surpassed 3,000, with hundreds more missing, as forecasts of unseasonal rain presented a new challenge for rescue and aid workers tryi
The 7.7 magnitude earthquake hit Southeast Asia Friday, and the official death count has surpassed 2,000. Organizations in Ontario are trying to help out as rescuers overseas continue to dig survivors out of the rubble.
2d
Khaleej Times on MSNSigns of life detected in quake-struck Bangkok skyscraper, death toll tops 2,000Signs of life were detected in the ruins of a skyscraper in Bangkok on Monday as efforts intensified to find people trapped three days after a massive earthquake in Southeast Asia that killed at least 2,